CBC Worship (4.5.20) Update & Instructions
Hi CBC Family!
Here is everything you need to know for our online worship service this Sunday:
1. Our service will go live at 10am. Like last week, all our worship content will be packaged in one video and broadcast on both our Facebook and YouTube pages. The attached worship packet and the correct links for the stream will also be available on the website at https://cbcpeabody.org/covid-19.
2. In this week's worship packet we've also added the sermon notes outline, plus two note-taking pages for kids (one for younger kids, one for middle schoolers).
3. Both online and mail-in giving are available. If you'd like to give online but haven't set it up, it's really easy and accessible. Just go to cbcpeabody.org/give, click "make a donation," and follow the instructions. We also are more than happy to help you set that up! If you'd like to mail in your offering, just send it to the church address:
Calvary Baptist Church
4 Coolidge Rd
Peabody, MA 01960
4. Please stay connected during the week. You've done a great job so far! Let's keep pressing in as we navigate this time of social distancing together. Our leaders here are hard at work to cultivate opportunities for connection, discipleship, and Christ-centered community for all ages. Make sure to check out the CBC Weekly, our Facebook group, and Shannon's email this week about kids ministry. Let us know if you have any questions!
5. Update on Lord's Supper plans. This Sunday would also have been our regular time to observe the Lord's Supper together. We have decided for now, however, not to observe it during our online worship this weekend. One significant reason we made this call is to allow us more time to work through if and how we should take it together during these times of unprecedented physical separation. We believe in the importance both of frequently observing the Supper in obedience to Christ and doing so as a gathered body. We are currently at work to hammer out the way those convictions relate to the our online worship in this season.
In the meantime, please know that in the absence of the Supper this weekend it's totally appropriate for us to feel bummed out or longing for something more. Communion is an incredibly special act of corporate worship where we celebrate all that we have in Christ now and all that we will participate in with Christ in the future. Let this weekend lead us to pray urgently for the opportunity to take the Supper together again very soon, while we ultimately long for the day we will feast with our Resurrected Lord in the New Creation.
In this season where we may feel stretched thin, let's apply Paul's words in Galatians 6:9–10: "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." We're looking forward to worshiping and interacting with you tomorrow during our worship service!
CBC Elders and Staff